Please inform the doctor if you have a LATEX allergy.
Please inform the doctor if you have an IODINE or CONTRAST allergy.
Preparation (one week prior to procedure):
- Discontinue aspirin, plavix, aggrenox, pletal, lovenox and coumadin (warfarin) if cleared to do so by the prescribing physician (PCP, cardiologist, neurologist, etc.)
- Discontinue all anti-inflammatories (advil, motrin, ibuprofen, aleve, naproxen, etc.) if advised to do so by your physician
- Discontinue all vitamins (multivitamins, vitamin E, omega-3, fish oils)
- Tylenol-containing products are permitted
Day of procedure:
- Please have a responsible individual who will be able to assist you all day if needed. Not only will you need this person to drive you to/from the office, but you may also need the assistance of this person once you are home.
- Young children should not accompany you to the office.
- Take your regularly prescribed medications (such as those for high blood pressure and diabetes).
- Pain medications are also permitted, as long as they don’t contain aspirin or anti-inflammatories.
- A light meal on the day of the procedure is permitted.
- Please wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing.
- We will use an anti-septic solution (betadine) that can stain clothes, so please take that into consideration.
After the procedure:
- Resume your regular medications as directed by your physician.
- Take your pain medications and use ice as needed.
- You may eat and drink after the procedure.
- No strenuous activity for 48 hours, then slowly resume normal activities unless directed otherwise.